Sunday 24 February 2013

Maxfactor Smokey Eye Effect Eyeshadow.

Hey,koalas! :) 

I recently purchased this dual shadow from Superdrug and (of course) was majorly excited to test it out! I'm a sucker for lime green,dark green,neon green..all types of green! I'm not very familiar with Maxfactor's lines,but I hope to experience more from them in the future.I have my eye on a foundation from them! Stand by..:)

The dual-ended 'pen' is fashioned with two clear plastic clip-shut lids,making the colour selection a lot easier if you've bought this product in different shades! The packaging is sleek and a big plus point for me.



The shade I picked up is called "Citrus Thunder" - A nice creative name!



 I like the idea of one end being intended as a lid colour and one as a crease shade.The tangy lime shade is shaped as a dome top,to make it an easier gliding product.The opposing end,a beautiful,bright copper-bronze is shaped with a tapered end.


As you can see from the shade swatches,these give great colour payoff!


The pigments are rich and again,glide on exceptionally smooth.I love the sparkles in the copper eyeshadow.The two colours are a tad exotic - which can be eclectic in taste,but they compliment each other beautifully.

As for the lasting power,I was pleasantly surprised! For a creamy texture like this,it held up for a reasonable amount of time on my oily lids - around 4-5 hours.The creasing began just after 2 1/2 hours for me,which is normal considering my combination skin.

I paid £7.99 for this product.The only very minor drawback is the fact that Superdrug decided to put it's barcode over the top of the product name,meaning I had to peel it back.Annoying Superdrug! 

x ~ x

No comments:

Post a Comment