Tuesday 30 April 2013

bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 2.0 : Top Shelf.

Hey everyone! I was watching a video from Emily Noel on Youtube (BeautyBroadcast) and was listening to her talk about some eyeshadows from Bare Essentuals that she'd been recommended.Well of course,me being the magpie I am,I had to go and do some research.The swatches looked gorgeous and I was sold on the reviews.

So here's one of the duo palettes I bought! These are basically pressed shadows,with the pigmentation of loose mineral powder.

A break-down of the colours in "Top Shelf" :

Cognac - An intense,rich and shockingly vibrant warm gold.


Mixologist - A champagne white with a golden-beam undertone.






 
 


These tiny little palettes fit neatly into the palm of your hand.I love the matte black packaging although I've already found it a bit hard to keep clean,these remind me of the NARS packaging,with a slightly velvet feel.The palette comes with a small sponge-tipped applicator and clasps shut.Both eyeshadow pans are inset.
 
 
 
Left to Right - Mixologist & Cognac.

 
 
How beautiful are these swatches? I absolutely adore Cognac and I've heard it's a good dupe for Woodwinked from MAC.The pigmentation is mind-blowing,it looks like pure liquid gold.Mixologist is a really lovely colour too,I like it's slightly gold undertone and how bright it appears.Both shades are easy to blend and hyper-velvet (New word!) smooth.
 
A little of each colour goes a LONG way,as I found when swatching.You literally need to tap to get the right amount of shadow.They're so heavy in opacity that they simply refuse to crease even without a primer.I got around 6 hours of wear without a primer on my very oily lids.
 
 

The only downside to these beautiful shadows is the price..at £19.00 each,they're definitely an investment.But with the usage you'll get from these,I believe it to be worth it's pricetag.You can get your hands on these little devils at www.bareminerals.co.uk or at bareMinerals counters in department stores like Debenhams.

Tried any other colours? Let me know what you think!

x ~ x






No comments:

Post a Comment