Wednesday 24 April 2013

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils. : Milk,Gold,Cucumber,Oyster.


Hey people! Today I'm giving you a review of some of the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils that we all (In the beautysphere) know and hear hype about.Here's my two cents! 


I've had two of the famous eye pencils,Gold & Milk, in my collection for a long time.Since first starting my Youtube channel/Blogging run,a lot of people raved about these shadow sticks.Especially Milk,the claim only reinforced by YT Beauty Guru xsparkage,or Leesha.

A breakdown of the colours :

Milk - A pure,creamy matte white.

Gold - A copper-toned gold,strong warmth to it.

Oyster - A delicate violet with a Mother-of-Pearl sheen.

Cucumber - An entirely matte,true lime green. (A rarity to say the least.)


Left to Right : Cucumber,Oyster,Gold & Milk.

Left to Right : Cucumber,Oyster,Gold & Milk.

I want to say this right off the bat..In no way am I suggesting that these must/should be used on their own.Personally,I prefer them a lot more when topped with a coinciding shade of powder shadow.I'm a big fan of the look myself.

I really enjoy the texture of these pencils,they glide without too much tug and if the point tip is a concern to you,simply use a brush to distribute the product.I love the vibrancy,the overall blendability and the fact that these are just plainly amazing bases.

These will most likely crease on oily lids like mine,I couldn't say for other skin types,but I just use a primer (UDPP) with them and they stick quite nicely.Milk is epic at bringing out the best in bright eyeshadows. Oyster and Gold are more traditional,more wearable,and Cucumber just appeals to my inner exoticism.

My only annoyance with these are,the sharpening.I haven't even attempted it yet,for fear of forever damaging the stick.I'm slightly peeved at the fact that sooner or later,I'll have to destroy the cute plastic-cardboardy appearance.Other than that,I can't see too many faults.They're a nice staple product!

They're pretty reasonably priced at £4.50 each,from NYX Cosmetics UK and available in a lot more online stores.

Tried them? Let me know what you think!



x ~ x



No comments:

Post a Comment