Thursday 26 September 2013

DIY : Alcohol Brush Cleaner.

Hello! If you're reading this,you're probably one of three things -

1.) Travelling from my Makeup Collection Youtube video link (As promised!)
2.) A regular reader of my blog,
3.) An adventurous young explorer of this vast network we call the World Wide Web!


The common goal is to attain the super secret amazing recipe of how to make a quick,easy and sanitary brush cleaner solution.To be completely honest with you,the recipe isn't all that super-secret.Allonsy!

You'll need a couple of things to create the magic potio-er..I mean,the brush cleaner :


  • An empty,clean spray bottle with a removable cap and lid.
  • Some distilled water.
  • Surgical Spirit (Can be found very easily,for very cheap, on eBay.)

Take off the cap of the spray bottle,ensuring that any substances that made the bottle it's previous home are completely washed out and removed.Then take the distilled water and pour it in about three quarters of the way up.After this,add your Surgical Spirit into the last remaining quarter of the spray bottle,making the ingredients a 3:1 ratio.

Finish up with the cap and a firm shake,and that's it - You're done!




Now you can brag all about your super secret amazing brush cleaner to all of your friends.

x ~ x


2 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic post Amy, thank you. I have to disinfect my brushes AND makeup all the time due to the radiotherapy I had (you can never be too careful) and have been using something that Wayne Goss had on his channel and it is great. I am definitely going to give this one a go as I have everything I need to make my own brush cleaner in the house already. I spray surgical spirit on my powder and cream makeup frequently and it keeps it fantastic, but am still stuck in the "baby shampoo" rut of cleaning my brushes. Am definitely going to give this a go for sure as all my brushes are synthetic. I don't have any natural hair ones but would this work for them too.

    You are truly and alchemist!

    Fi xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the post,Fi!
      Making your own brush cleaner does make you feel a little bit like a scientist,brewing up something sneaky in a lab.I still use baby shampoo for my brushes when I want to give them a deep cleanse,but the Alcohol spray really helps between washes to keep different colours from mixing on the brush.Just spray,swirl on a tissue and it's done. :)

      I've got a big mixture of brushes from synth to natural and it seems to work for everything!

      x ~ x

      Delete