Friday 25 October 2013

Top 3 Oil-Control,Mattifying Powders.


Hello all! It's nice to see you today.I do hope you're well.I realise it's been a little while since my last post,for which I'm very sorry.Life has gone from snail to Usain Bolt in the space of two weeks!


Anyhoo - today I'm going to share a few of my very favourite mattifying face powders.Summer is now nought but a memory and hence the dewy,fresh-faced look has been replaced (much to my joy) by a matte finish for Autumn.


Matte is seriously on trend at the moment,though who really follows the trend 24/7?  I know I don't.Still,I really do adore the airbrushed,smooth look that a matte face can bring even if I do wear it all year round!



~


  • Jurlique Rose Silk Finishing Powder 10g - £19.00 from FeelUnique
This is the newest addition to my fixing powder collection.I saw this perfect little gem on one of essiebutton's blog posts a few months ago and I simply couldn't resist it - I'm so glad I didn't. This is a loose powder so beware of the dust but somehow it's much smoother in texture than most powders I've tried.It controls oil fabulously and keeps me matte for at least 7 hours on a regular college day.Also it smells,rather nicely indeed,of roses.Don't worry though,the scent lingers for only a few seconds.





  • MAC Studio Fix Foundation Powder (NC15) - £21.50 from MAC Cosmetics
From MAC,the cult Studio Fix compact is definitely worth it's hype.Without layering it on too thick,this powder can literally give you an airbrushed finish.It's fairly heavy,so use a light hand to prevent it from sinking into any fine lines.Out of all of the powders I've spoken about in this post,this one has the least oil-control but only by about an hour.Without touch-ups,this one will last about 6 hours on an oily skin.




  • Rimmel Stay Matte Long-Lasting Pressed Powder (001 Transparent) - £3.99 from Boots
Ahh..my dearest friend,my old faithful! What can I say? I love this powder more than any other and I've been using it for just over a year now.It keeps me oil-free for up to 8 hours before I need to touch-up and it gives the skin a beautiful,smooth finish.For that reason,I use this on almost a daily basis.It's a cheaper option for those on a budget and honestly,it's the best of the bunch! My only complaint is the fragile plastic packaging which seems to chip off on me.Well,you can't have everything for £3.99,can you?


What's your favourite mattifying powder?
Lemme know in a tweet @IYoue3@I  - I'd love to hear from you! :D

x ~ x 

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying the beauty uk pressed powder compact in number 3, I get an oily tzone, especially my nose, so I use it in between classes with my bare minerals kabuki brush. The coverage isn't great, but I only use it for the oil controlling, so I'm fine with that. It holds up to about 4 hours, a very natural look too! :D

    ReplyDelete